Apple on 19th released the final 10.3.3 software update in target iPhone 5 and later, iPad 4th generation and up, and also with iPod Touch 6th generation. Following several weeks of beta testing, the final update has given which too in target fixes and minor improvements just like its previous 10.3.2. So here is how to Download and Install iOS 10.3.3 on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
It is nearly two months since Apple given 10.3.2 to the public. And then following an extensive beta cycle of 6 different downloads, 10.3.3 is recently given for the same purpose of performance improvements and bug fixes. And with Apple revealed security document, an update for the reported vulnerability which has allowed hackers to execute arbitrary code on the Wi-Fi chip built into numerous iOS devices has included with more fixes. So if you decide to take 10.3.3 on your daily driver, here is how it goes through OTA and iTunes.
- iPhone 5/5s and iPhone 5c
- iPhone SE, iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Latest iPhone 7/7 Plus
- 9.7-inch/12.9-inch iPad Pro models
- iPad Air 2/Air, iPad 4, iPad mini 4/3/2
- 6th Generation iPod Touch
Backup is a must:
As always, we recommend you making a complete backup of the device either through iCloud or iTunes. Since this is just a minor update possible could cause some soft-crashes in some devices, take your time for a backup prior any move in the update. So this will save you for the time of restore if anything goes wrong in the processing.
Install iOS 10.3.3 via OTA and iTunes
Getting any software update via OTA is simple and time-saving. And as it does not require plugging into the PC, more prefer iOS 10.3.3 Download Over the air just having the local Wi-Fi network connection and sufficient power strength on the device.
So once you are connected to a stable WiFi internet connectivity, go to the Settings app and follow General > Software Update. And when it will show you 10.3.3 available for latest download with a quick search of the available updates. Then go to Download and Install. When finished downloading, continue with install iOS 10.3.3 to apply the whole update on iPhone, iPad or iPod in hand. Then wait until all it makes the success.
Note: When OTA is both easier and time-saving, you would think why moving for iTunes through PC for the same task but in a bit complicated way. But there is something to think as sometimes you are not allowed the software update download and install through OTA showing there is no enough storage. Then moving iTunes will make thing smoother. And at the same time, if you need iOS 10.3.3 jailbreak one day, installing the update via OTA is not recommended as it could make trouble when making jailbreak happen. So there, follow the steps below and have 10.3.3 through iTunes
10.3.3 through iTunes
As above, make a complete backup first and also check whether you are with the latest iTunes on Mac or windows. If done, move to the steps as below.
- Connect iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch to either Windows or Mac and launch iTunes letting proper connections
- Click the device button (at the top right corner of iTunes)
- Then go on with “Check for Updates” which will download and update your device if 10.3.3 is available as the latest
- But if it sometimes could show 10.3.2 as latest, you could download the IPSW file for the 10.3.3 in match to the device model through web
- Then check for updates, holding the optional key in Mac or the Shift key in Windows
- Then go respectively with “Update” and “Next” and go through all the terms and conditions of the software update
- As you see iTunes will now go on with the downloaded file, extract the firmware and make it going well as screen directs
- And wait until the process done and come back in Hello screen after which you could restore and set the data back as previous on the device
Hope you get everything on Download and Install iOS 10.3.3 latest on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. But if you think there is something still missing, make us a sincere comment.