As promised, the jailbreak developer CoolStar dropped anchor releasing the all-new Electra jailbreak to developers. The new breakout addressed the same iOS 11.0 – iOS 11.1.2 range as LiberiOS. In accordance with deep clarifications, it is clear the utility has been utilized the exploit tfp0 which is an open-source code offered by Ian Beer a couple of days back. And at the moment, Electra will not be a doorway to download Cydia. And it is up to Saurik and his team to make it compatible as soon as possible.
However, the tool also stands apart from APT and DPKG though many hackers often rely on. The key role of this brave implement has been proclaimed as to open the gate for those developers to update their tweaks for the eleventh iPhone operating system. Here is more about its applicability and influential specifics.
Electra jailbreak compatibility
Supportive iOS versions
- iOS 11.0, 11.0.1, 11.0.2, 11.0.3
- iOS 11.1, 11.1.1 and iOS 11.1.2
Compatible device list
- iPhone X/ 8/ 8 Plus
- iPhone 7/ 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s/ 6s Plus
- iPhone 6/ 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
- iPod Touch 6th G
- iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- iPad 5th generation, iPad Air 2, iPad Air
- 2nd generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 1st generation 10.5-inch iPad Pro
Important facts to remember
- Electra download is another Semi-untethered breakout
- At this moment, Electra jailbreak utility cannot download Cydia iOS 11.1.2 for internal technical purposes. In that case, it will not that easy to handle Cydia tweaks and entirety related to jailbreak status. And it would be better to ignore unknown Cydia sources
- Backup the device using iTunes or else iCloud
- Charge the iPhone or iPad as it should not be turned off until the end of the jailbreak procedure
How to jailbreak iOS 11 using Electra Download?
- Download Cydia impactor and Electra jailbreak ipa. Both should be the latest versions. And the impactor can launch using Windows, Linux or Mac. Keep in mind to navigate to official sites to set up exact utilities
- Network the iPhone/iPad to the PC with a Lightning cable
- Once the utility will detect the device, bring IPA file and drop to sideload using Impactor
- And then you should trust the particular profile. Open Settings > General > Profile & Device Management > Click Trust key
- Go Home and open the stated Electra jailbreak app
- You can now click the Jailbreak key for the process
- Stay patiently till the procedure bring to an end
How to re-jailbreak?
Re-jailbreak once the device restart is important to maintain your jailbreak status. If any case your device will switch partly jailbroken, no need to follow the whole procedure. Just open the app and tap jailbreak button. It will perfectly position you back.
But, when your license will expire, the procedure wills no longer the same. You will have to install Electra download once again.
How to install Cydia tweaks, themes and features?
As you realize, Electra jailbreak has no Cydia download possibilities either you jailbreak. Therefore, those who desire Tweaks and everything should arrange manually. Firstly, you better prepare your PC with .theme folder and the .deb packages that are needed for the manual set up. But not each and every tweak will be compatible.